Monday, August 26, 2013

Learn Basic Arabic


Hello
Marhaba

How are you?
Kaeef halak

Good morning
Sabah el khair

Good evening
Massa el khair

Greetings
TaHiat

Goodbye
MaAa es-salama

Excuse me
MaAzera

Sorry
Asef

Please
MinFadlak

Stop
Tawaqaf

Thank you
Shukran-Lak

Yes/No
NaAm/La

I don't Know
LaaAref

Who?/What?
Maza/Man

Where?/Why?
Ayna/Lemaza

How much?
Kam ath-thaman

How much does it cost?
Kam et-taklefa

How many?
Kam al Aadad

Do you speak English?
hal TaTaKalam alanglizia

I don't speak arabic
ana La ataKalam El Aarabya


What is your name?
ma iSmaK

Nice to meet you
sarertu Lemuqabalatek

My name is...
ismii...

How do I get to?
Kaeef yomKanany El Hosool ala?

Where is...?
Ayna

Is this the way to..?
Hal haza howa et-tareeq ela?

Can I drive here?
Hal yomkanany El qayada hona

I Think I'm lost
Annee mafqood

Is it safe/dangerous?
Hal howa aamen/khatar

Where can I buy...?
Ayna yomkanany shera?

Help!
mosaAda

I need a doctor
aHtaj ela Tabib

I have a fever
Aendee Huma

It hurts
Enahu Moalem

The pain is here
Al alam huna

Where is the bathroom?
Ayna Al Hamam

Do you have a phone?
Hal Ladika hatef

Where is the hospital?
Ayna Al mustashfaa

My car has broke down
Sayaratee TaAtalat

Where is the nearest garage/petrol station
Ayna aqrab Karaj/maHatet banseen

Where is the nearest cash machine?
Ayna aqrab Saraf aalee

I need water/food Can you take me to...?
aHtaj ela myah wa TaAam hal TastatiaA An TaaKhoznee Le

My friend is hurt or sick
sadeeqee moTaab/mareed




Related posts:
Arabic Phrases and Words to use in Abu Dhabi
Useful Arabic phrases
Basic Arabic Phrases